At Great Whelnetham School we use the School Sport Premium Funding to:
- ensure we deliver high quality PE and sport for KS1 and KS2
- promote a love of physical activity
- encourage 'total fitness' including social, mental and physical fitness
- support the government's initiative to prevent and treat obesity
- compete in local sporting competitions
- ensure our teachers continue to develop their understanding and delivery of high quality lessons.
- Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres.
- Use a range of strokes effectively.
- Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.