Special Education Needs & Disability
Miss Nicky Tyler
SEND Provision at Great Whelnetham Primary
Our SENDCo is Miss Nicky Tyler.
We offer a pupil-centred approach for consulting young people with special educational needs about their education and involve them in the decision-making process.
- Focus on the child as an individual.
- Enable the child and their parents (carers) to express their views and wishes.
- Enable the child and their parents (carers) to be part of and contribute to the decision-making process.
- Strive to make communications easy for children and their parents or carers to understand (verbally or through use of pictures or written translations or translators where applicable).
- Highlight the child’s strengths and capabilities.
- Enable the child and those who know them best to identify what works best for them, their interests and what outcomes they are seeking in the future.
- Tailor support to the needs of the individual.
- Ensure the results of assessments are shared effectively.
- Co-ordinate with relevant professionals to deliver an outcomes-focused plan for the child and their parents.
- Be mindful of the added value that working with a range of different service providers brings to the school and how this can enhance the quality of provision for pupils with SEND.
For more information please see the following documents below:
- our SEN Policy
- our Local Offer
- our Early Help offer