At Great Whelnetham School we use the School Sport Premium Funding to:
- ensure we deliver high quality PE and sport for KS1 and KS2
- promote a love of physical activity
- encourage 'total fitness' including social, mental and physical fitness
- support the government's initiative to prevent and treat obesity
- compete in local sporting competitions
- ensure our teachers continue to develop their understanding and delivery of high quality lessons.
We have been accredited with the School Games Bronze Mark in 2015/16 and again in 2016/17.
60% of Year 6 pupils in 2016/17 met the National Curriculum requirement to:
- Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres.
- Use a range of strokes effectively.
- Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
The files below give more detail on the impact of our Sport Premium funding, the actual spend over the past 2 academic years and our planned spend for 2017/18.